Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Beautiful Bird Has Flown Away...

Unfortunately we have loss another cornerstone in the entertainment industry, Whitney Houston. Whitney Houston passed away February 11, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. For many fans, we were left in shock and for some close to her; it was just a matter of time. The latest reports suggest that Houston died at the hands of prescription drugs and alcohol while in her bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

Whitney Houston’s professional career can be traced back to 1984 when she performed a duet with Jermaine Jackson for his 1984 release, Dynamite.
Whitney Houston became an overnight success with her first release, “Saving All My Love For You” in 1985. She was discovered by Clive Davis and followed his roadmap to stardom to perfection.

I can remember Whitney Houston as a bubbly, attractive, and sassy woman. In my opinion, she was the female voice of the 80’s/90’s; she was my generation’s Aretha Franklin. Whitney would light up the stage whenever I would see her on television or in her music videos and she appeared to be flawless. I remember hearing the news of her marrying Bobby Brown, the “rude boy” formerly of the kid group, New Edition. My heart was broken, as if I had a shot at marrying Whitney, but I definitely felt, this was a bad move on her part. They just didn’t look good together, however I quickly was over it.

As the years rolled by and Whitney reached higher heights in her career, stories began to surface of her being caught with marijuana and Bobby Brown being arrested. Sure enough, I was right, this relationship was turning down the wrong road. Whitney began to appear in court with her husband Bobby Brown and she appeared disheveled and erratic in most cases.

The night before Whitney’s passing, employees and partygoers witnessed Whitney behaving in a peculiar fashion, reminiscent of her days in court with Bobby or just as she behaved on her reality show with Bobby, strange. I feel the world’s sorrow and pain for the loss and she truly was amazing.

Whitney, we miss you and your music will live forever…

Resources:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2012-02-18/whitney-houston-funeral-new-jersey/53140578/1

http://www.etonline.com/news/119193_Whitney_Houston_Buried/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment